Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Maggots

Last night, my dad told me to take the garbage cans to the street to be picked up this morning. He warned me about the maggots. He came with me with a few bowls of water. The maggots were covering the outside of the garbage can! He dunked water on them to get them off so that we could lift the lid and put the last bag in. My dad said that this morning, there were no maggots covering the lid. I had the ridiculously awesome job of cleaning the garbage can after the garbage was picked up. I only saw a handful of maggots because most of them were thrown away when the trash was picked up. Maggots are like worms, they magically show up when it's hot and humid outside where as worms show up after it rains. There had to have been several hundred maggots surrounding the garbage can last night. It was repulsing. I would love to never see a maggot again. Unfortunately I know I'll probably seeing hundreds all over the garbage can again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment