Thursday, July 4, 2013

Hot Dog Eating Contest

The best part about the 4th of July isn't the fireworks or the BBQ's. It's definitely the hot dog eating contest that they have every year at Coney Island. They actually have competitive eating contests all over the nation with ranked eaters as if it were a sport. Contestants get 10 minutes to eat as many hot dogs as they can. The winner this year ate 69. 69! I don't think I've had 69 hot dogs in my life! He did it in 10 minutes. That's over 18,000 calories in 10 minutes. Most people eat that amount of calories in about 9 days. If your me, probably about 4 days, or just today. I felt like I ate at least that many calories today if not more. I don't know what draws me to watching people shove hot dogs down their throats every 4th of July. Yet I do it anyway. It's a tradition like none other.

No comments:

Post a Comment