Sunday, July 7, 2013

Long Car Rides

I used to love taking long car rides. I have no idea why. That all came to a screeching halt once I made the 3 and a half hour trip numerous times to and from Potsdam through mountains and towns where people go to die. When we were kids, my mom would give us each $10 worth of quarters during a long car ride on vacation. If we misbehaved, we had to give her a quarter. Whatever we had left by the time we got there (which was normally not a lot) we could use in an arcade or anything we wanted really. That was her creative way to try to get us to behave on a boring ride. The longest car ride of my life was to Cedar Point and back. That was between 9 and 10 hours each way. Ugh. Today I took the hour and 40 minute drive to Turning Stone to make my donation to the Indians. That ride is nothing compared to Potsdam. It's an hour and 40, like I said, all on the thruway. Once you get off the exit, you take a left and it's a left at the first light. Not even I can get lost going there. I'm the type of person that can't sit still for very long. That's probably why I don't like long car rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment