Friday, July 12, 2013

Talking on the Phone

This past Monday, my birthday, I think I talked on the phone more than I did in the past year combined. No, it wasn't me talking to people that were wishing me a happy birthday. I called several different insurance companies to look for a better deal on my car insurance. I probably made about 20 calls because I had to call companies back multiple times to ask various questions. Naturally they didn't answer every time. I think I'm getting better at talking on the phone. I know no one besides secretaries actually talk on the phone anymore. Leaving messages is always fun too. Some insurance agents asked me why I was shopping for insurance on my birthday. I told them that I was business during the day and had my fun at night. I know, I'm strange. How many times in my 400 plus blog posts have I said that? I ended up leaving Nationwide Insurance even though they are on my side. I got exactly the same plan with Progressive for $300 a year less. I got to talk to Flo herself. She hooked me up with a good deal. Okay, maybe it wasn't Flo. Sometimes it takes a lot of talking on the phone to get what you want. I guarantee you texting wouldn't get me a huge savings in car insurance, especially if I was caught texting while driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment