Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Business Card

When I knew I was going to the author book fair, I immediately wanted to have a business card. My mom makes business cards for my dad. She was going to make one for me too. I outlined what I wanted. She created one that I really liked. Then she told me about a deal Vistaprint was having. I could buy 250 cards for $10, free shipping. I decided to do that because then I'd get a professional looking card for cheap. If my mom made them, they'd look good, but probably cost even more than $10 after buying special paper and ink. Several months ago, they were having a deal where you got 250 cards and you just paid $4.95 shipping. I created a card, then decided I didn't feel like spending even the shipping money. This time, I knew I wanted a card. I looked at the education templates. Many of them were way too kiddie looking for me. I finally found one I liked and created my business card using that template. I put really simple information on it. I just put my name, email, Twitter handle, "Check out my work at Amazon.com", and "Thank you for your business." It's short, sweet, and to the point. They came out really well! I have given away several to people I know. I also gave out between 10-20 during the author book fair. I have a lot more to give away though. At least I know they won't go bad! If you want my official business card, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment