Friday, November 29, 2013

Finished With NaNoWriMo!

I didn't do National Novel Writing Month the way that you are technically supposed to do it. I had already started writing a book before November 1st. Since I learned about NaNoWriMo three days before it started, I didn't really have a choice but to pick up where I left off. I had written 11 of my 33 chapter book already. I started writing at chapter 12. I finished the book about a week ago. My book is 60,000 words. However, I wrote about 41,000 in November. I still had about 9,000 words to write to officially win NaNoWriMo. I was going to start a nonfiction book, but then realized that this is novel month not nonfiction month. I started writing two more "The Teacher That..." books. Both of them are ideas for possible books where my main character would be in eighth grade. At this point, I don't like either idea and probably won't use either as a serious book. However, between the two books, I was able to write 9,000 more words before December first. I wrote about 5,000 words today to finish it off. I really didn't think I'd be able to do this. I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it. I didn't stay up crazy hours of the night to write. The only thing I did was change my lifestyle just a little bit. I focused more at night and wrote instead of watched TV. On Saturday's, I'd write instead of being lazy. That was about it. If I hadn't done this, my book would be very far from done. It's funny because right before I found out about NaNo, my mom asked me when I'd be done with my book. I told her that if I wrote two chapters a week, I'd hopefully have the book out by February break. I didn't even think I'd be able to keep up with two chapters a week. It's amazing what a competition and a little bit of motivation can do to me. I have a lot of editing to do on my book. However, I anticipate having it out to the public by early to mid January! Thank you NaNoWriMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment