Thursday, November 14, 2013

Fashion Trends

Since I work in a school, I always see the most current fashion trends that are happening. It makes me laugh to see everyone wearing the same things or becoming obsessed with a certain object. When I substitute taught I think 4 years ago, everyone loved Silly Bandz. Silly Bandz were basically colored rubber bands that were created in many different shapes. These shapes ranged from animals, to objects, to numbers, and letters. I would see almost everyone in the schools wearing many of them on their wrists. Some kids would wear up to 20 or more on one hand! It would cut off the circulation of some kids' hands. Everyone would trade them and always get more over the weekend. I'd always ask kids, "Do you have enough?" sarcastically. Since kids under grade 5 don't understand sarcasm, their response was always, "No, I'm getting more this weekend." Needless to say, that faze ended in a few months. The newest trend is very similar to Silly Bandz. These colorful rubber bands are called Cra-z Loom. The difference between this and Silly Banz is that with Cra-z Loom or Rainbow Loom, you get to create your own bracelets by weaving different colors together using the plastic bracelet maker that's provided when you buy this product. I see all of the kids wearing these bracelets and necklaces. I see them carrying the bracelet making kit around with them to and from school. Again, I laugh at how popular it has become literally overnight. I'm expecting this trend to last until February at the latest. Then something else will win over the short attention span of children all over the world. I wish I could invent something that costs 3 cents to make and then charge $10 for millions of kids to buy it so that I can become a billionaire over night!

No comments:

Post a Comment