Friday, November 22, 2013

Hash Tags

If you don't know what a hash tag is, it's a number sign. # is a hash tag. It's used on Twitter. You can put a # before a word or phrase when you tweet. If it's a popular item, people will tweet that # a lot. For example, many people did #JFK today because it has been 50 years since he was assassinated. Your tweet will show up in the #JFK search. I've been noticing commercials are putting #'s up that they want you to start. I can't imagine too many people using the odd #'s that these commercials list. I think it's getting a little bit out of hand. I use hash tags at times. I used it when watching America's Got Talent. I did a hash tag for the big horse races a few weeks ago. I do the hash tag #indiechat every Tuesday at 9 and join that discussion. There are many other times that I don't use hash tags though. It's not like too many people read my tweets anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment