Monday, November 4, 2013

Grammar

Writing good English is hard. Do you see what I did there? haha. I'm so puny, I know. Anyway...everyone knows the difference between here and hear, there, their, and they're, to, too, and two, and other words like that. I was working on my book today and wrote "who". The good ole green line on Microsoft Word showed up and said the word should have been "whom". I don't think whom sounded correct. I kept it as who. I have had several other issues like that. I sometimes struggle with where the apostrophe goes. Sometimes a word doesn't need the '. Other times it's before the S. Sometimes it's after the s. No matter how many times I read the rule about that, I still struggle with getting it right. Writing is incredibly hard work as it is. Making sure your grammar is all correct is yet another challenge in the writing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment