Sunday, November 17, 2013

News Anchors Salaries

People think that local news reporters make a lot of money just because they are on TV. I believe they only make about $30,000-50,000 a year. That's not a terrible salary. It certainly doesn't make them rich though. They put in countless hours of research and reporting besides the hour a day you see them on TV. For people like Diane Sawyer and the other national news reporters, they make the big bucks. I wonder how much ESPN reporters make. They also work many, many hours doing research of every sport. The guys I watch on ESPN always complain that they don't make much. My guess is that they make in the hundreds of thousands each year. With the 24 hour a day research, analyzing, studying film, and lots of travel, they definitely earn their pay. You always hear about athletes making $10-15 million a year. I'm just curious to see how much the people who bring us the sports news and the local news make.

No comments:

Post a Comment