Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cookie Cake

What dessert is better than a large cookie cake? Actually, there are plenty of desserts that taste better. However, the cookie cake is unbelievably delicious. We have a new place in the mall called Great American Cookies. My friends and I went there and got some cookies one time. They were amazing. I told a friend I'd buy her a cookie cake from there for her birthday. I looked up the prices of their cakes and changed my mind. They were $30! I'm not paying $30 for a giant cookie with some frosting on it when I can make one myself for under $10. I bought a cake that served 20-25 people for my parents anniversary at a place that is said to have expensive cakes for cheaper than that. I decided to make my own cookie cake today. You make the cake the same way you would make regular cookies. Instead of putting out spoonfuls of batter onto a cookie sheet you just take the entire batter and spread it out. The recipe called for a 14 inch pizza pan. My pizza pan was 13 inches. When I spread the batter out on the pan, I had a feeling it would overflow once cooked. It did! The oven is a mess right now. Lots of cookie batter leaked over the pan and into the oven. I'm waiting for the oven to cool off before I clean it. Besides that, the cookie cake itself looks really good. When it's cooled off, I'm putting some frosting on it with a happy birthday message and bringing it to my friends house. I'm excited to see how it tastes. Then again, I always get excited about food.

No comments:

Post a Comment