Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dress Down Days

I wear a shirt and tie to work almost everyday.  This is even when I have to clean off loads of dust on computers and get on my hands and knees plugging cords in and whatnot.  When I was in college, I said I would never dress down as a teacher when the school has dress down days.  Well, I lied!  As I started teaching, I realized that almost every teacher dresses down.  They typically have dress down days around twice a month.  Naturally, every dress down day is for a good cause.  We are asked to donate a small amount of money to whatever cause if we dress down.  Normally we have those days on Friday's.  This week, we had it today.  I planned on dressing down.  However, I completely forgot.  Who has dress down days on Thursdays?  I wore my shirt and tie today and was pretty much the only teacher dressed up.  I don't think I even have to dress up too much because my principal knows that I do a lot of work that could get my clothes dirty.  I dress up anyways to look professional.  I don't mind it at all.  I used to hate dressing up.  Since I do it five days a week now, I have no problem doing it.  I must say, I do look good with nice clothes on.  I wore my favorite shirt today, my teal one.  I think I have gotten a compliment while wearing that shirt almost every day that I've worn it from a different teacher each time.  Maybe I will remember to dress down next time we have a dress down day!

No comments:

Post a Comment