Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Let the school year begin

Today was officially the first day back to school for all teachers.  Since I am a brown noser, I showed up to staff development, too.  So many people asked me how my first day back was.  Well, all of those people that asked me that know that I have been working in the schools all summer.  They also know that I went back to my school last week to start setting up.  Therefore, I have no idea why they asked me how my first day went.  I technically didn't have a first day back today.  It sure didn't feel like my first day back.  It was busy and the end of the day was stressful.  I planned on leaving at 3 and didn't get out until 4:15.  So many teachers have had printer problems.  I have been able to fix most.  However, two of them I cannot fix for whatever reason.  Naturally, when I need help, I don't get it in a timely manner.  Hopefully the appropriate people will be able to help me tomorrow.  Our district people also talked about the very controversial APPR.  That's New York's new way of evaluating teachers based on how their students perform on the state tests.  I truly believe that our district is implementing this new law in the fairest way possible.  Obviously it's going to upset people, but the law is the law.  As the saying goes, "I fought the law and the law won".  Therefore, why bother trying to fight it.  Let's embrace it and see what happens.  Tomorrow we are learning about the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA).  After that it's back to school for more meetings and setting up.  I am looking forward to next Monday so that I can be in my room with the kids instead of at meetings.  Although I know they are beneficial, I prefer spending time in my room doing what I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment