Thursday, September 13, 2012

School Newspaper

I am very excited to get started on the school newspaper.  I talked to my principal briefly today during a breather at open house.  I told her that I already made a permission slip that I want her to look over before I give it to kids.  I also want to talk over some details with her.  I plan on meeting with kids twice a month and publish the newspaper once every month.  I have no idea how many kids will be interested in this activity.  I'm hoping at least a few kids will want to show their writing and computer skills since I found a template online that I plan to utilize.  I also think this will be a great way to get kids started out in clubs since I am offering this to older kids.  Once they graduate from this school, they will go on to middle school where there will be so many more clubs that they can join.  Hopefully we will have our first interest meeting by the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment