Monday, September 3, 2012

Saratoga Season ends, School Begins

Today ended yet another 40-day meet at Saratoga Race course.  This means several things.  One: I get my life back.  I normally spend hours at night handicapping the next days' races and then spend all day trying to craft out the perfect bets.  Two: I get to save money.  I had a few nice hits this year, only to give it all back and then some.  As the saying goes, you win some and lose some.  Three: now that the meet is over, school starts for teachers tomorrow and kids on Thursday.  I know every parent out there will be doing a little dance on Thursday as their children get on the school bus.  Although racing is over at Saratoga, it continues at Belmont Park on Saturday.  I won't be handicapping nearly as much.  However, with the Breeder's Cup coming up in early November, I will definitely be paying attention to as many races as I can.  I am not your typical casual Saratoga horse racing fan.  I love the sport and look forward to watching it for many, many more years.  I hope to be lucky enough to see a triple crown in my life time.  I think it's amazing to live less than half an hour from one of the most famous race tracks in America.  Even on the cruise when I told people I am from Albany, they would ask about the race course.  I have read many comments about how Saratoga attracts the best racing in the world.  After watching every single race throughout the 40 days this summer, I could not agree with that statement more.  Luckily for my wallet, they only race here 40 days a year instead of 365.  Good bye Saratoga, until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment