Monday, September 10, 2012

Magnificent Monday?

Yes, you read correctly.  I actually had a great Monday.  I know, I know.  That's practically an oxymoron.  Today was very productive for me.  I only had one half hour class come in.  I love when the kids come in.  It keeps me busy and I love working with them.  However, it was great to have practically no one come to the lab today because I had a ton of paperwork to catch up on.  I was able to finish all of that.  There is still a lot I have to do, but I feel a lot less overwhelmed today than I did Friday.  At around 2 today, I received an email from someone I don't know talking about my book.  This person said that she wanted to let me know that she is reading my book to her fifth and sixth graders and they love it!  That was the first time I have ever received any positive feedback from someone I did not know about my book!  Not too many people that don't know me have bought my book.  I emailed her back thanking her and asking her how she heard about me.  She said she was browsing around the Little Book House and thought my book would be a fun read for the beginning of the year.  I told her about the sequel coming out by October.  Now the kids will have something to look forward to!  I cannot begin to tell you how amazing I felt after that email.  It was so nice of this person to buy my book, read it to her students, and then take the time out of her busy schedule to find this blog, find my email, and send that positive note.  She motivated me to work on my book tonight and hopefully finish it.  However, the U. S Open tennis finals was on.  It lasted 5 hours!  I watched the thriller and was too tired to do anything else.  That one little note of encouragement will keep me positive throughout this very busy first full week of school.  My message to you is to take time to give people a compliment about anything.  There's no better feeling in the world than receiving that compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment