Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Roughly one...week...away!

If everything goes according to plan, my book will be available to the public by the end of next week!  I was hoping to finish editing the entire book today.  I started from the beginning one more time and got through 18 of the 27 chapters.  That's not bad considering I did some shopping today and visited my grandparents.  That's right.  I went to my Jewish grandparents house for lunch on Yom Kippur.  So much for fasting!  I hope to finish editing the book tomorrow.  Then, I submit the file to Create Space and it takes about two days for them to make sure everything is okay.  I think I then submit my cover for review to make sure that is good.  That will take another two days or more.  With my first book, The title of the book on the cover was too close to the edge and they would not accept it.  I had to contact my illustrator and he had to make the title smaller.  I'm hoping that isn't the case with this cover!  If so, I will have to ask my illustrator to fix it a little bit.  Then my book will not be out next week.  Although I have greatly enjoyed writing this book, I am definitely ready for it to be done.  It is very tedious and exhausting work.  I can't imagine how much work "real" authors go through.  I'm nowhere near John Grisham who has about 21 400 plus page books.  My two books combined are nowhere near 400 pages.  I'm completely fine with that, though.  Writing over 300 pages for two books is a huge accomplishment for me!  You will definitely know when the book is for sale for the public to buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment