Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fasting

Tomorrow is Yom Kippur.  That's a Jewish holiday where they fast from sunrise to sunset.  Fasting means that they do not eat or drink anything.  I have no idea why they do this.  I also have no idea why the term is called fasting.  It's not a fast process.  I am half Jewish so I will half fast.  I will eat half as much as I normally do.  Hahaha!  Right!  I'll eat my usual large amount of food.  I wouldn't be able to last all day without food and drink.  I'm always hungry and thirsty.  It's not healthy to go that long without food and drink.  Many religious people will do it anyways.  My grandparents used to fast.  Now that they are older and have to take 34493849 different pills, they cannot fast.  They have to have food and drink in them or there would be serious problems.  I am thankful to have the day off from work, though!  How can I complain when I have two days of work, a day off, then two days of work.  I wish all work weeks were like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment