Wednesday, September 12, 2012

One more chapter!

I only have one more chapter to write in my book!  When I finish that, I am far from done.  I still want to read the book over at least two more times to make sure I worded everything the way I want it to be, grammar is correct, and there are no spelling errors.  In my first book, I rushed and just published it before many edits were made.  After reading over it, I noticed many mistakes and had to republish it two more times.  I don't want to waste all of that money again.  Then, I need to come up with what the back cover is going to say.  I wrote the first two sentences of the back cover awhile ago.  Now I need to think of the rest.  I'm sure it will flow as easily as my typing right now is once I sit down and do it.  Speaking of typing with a flow, a fifth grade class came to the lab today and their assignment was to write about anything and keep writing until they were told to stop.  A few students did very well.  There were some others that wrote one sentence and said they were done.  One kid wrote one sentence about his summer.  I told him I could write a book about my summer.  Give me details.  He only wrote a few more sentences after that.  My goal is for my students to write creatively with lots of vivid details.  That's why I want them writing every single day like I do.  I don't know if you know this, but I really want my own classroom teaching a grade level instead of all of K-6!  I love this job, but want more!

No comments:

Post a Comment