Thursday, November 15, 2012

Book Reading

On Tuesday, my schools PTA was sponsoring an event at our local Barnes and Noble.  If someone bought a book from Barnes and Noble and mentioned our schools PTA, a portion of the money from the sale would go to the PTA.  Several of our schools teachers were guest readers for this event.  I signed up to read, too.  Obviously I brought my first book, The Teacher That Didn't Teach to read to everyone.  When I got there, there was only about five kids listening to the previous reader.  I was really hoping there would be more.  I think when I read two chapters of my book, there were only three students and my principal there to listen to me.  I thought that this was going to be a good opportunity for exposure.  It was still fun to read part of my book to some kids.  However, while reading, I was rewording sentences in my book because I thought it would sound better the way I read out loud than it did written.  That's not good.  I edited that book so many times and could still edit it again.  Oh well.  There were no grammatical errors or anything that I picked up on.  It was just some rewording that I thought sounded better.  Since I sell my books at The Little Book House in Stuyvesant Plaza, I could do a book signing there.  My fear with that is buying way too many books for the event and only a handful of people show up to the event.  I would love to promote a book signing to parents in my school and district.  I don't think my principal would like the idea too much.  If the parents knew I was doing a signing, I would have a much better opportunity to sell a large number of books during a signing.  I'll have to see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment