Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Newspaper Club

We had another meeting today of the newspaper club to work on November's edition.  I talked for a few minutes and then gave some suggestions for articles.  After that, they wrote the rest of the time.  Many of the students took my suggestions and are writing dessert recipes and articles about Thanksgiving.  As I was walking around the computer lab, it was incredible to see 20+ fifth and sixth graders quietly typing away their articles.  I didn't read any of them yet.  However, they were all working tremendously hard and got a lot written in a little under an hour.  It's so satisfying to see so many students interested in writing.  When I started the newspaper club, I had no idea how many kids would be interested.  I definitely didn't think I'd get 25 dedicated students.  Seeing how hard they worked today just gets me even more excited about what they will write in the newspaper as the year goes on.  It also gets me excited about their future.  You never know, we may have 25 more authors on our hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment