Wednesday, November 21, 2012

YOU'RE Cooking?

I love that reaction.  Many teachers have asked me the past few days if my mom is cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  I told them that I was cooking.  Every single one of them looked at me in shock and said, "You're cooking?"  Why is this so shocking?  My mom cannot stand cooking.  I love it.  I cook dinner every single night and love every second of it.  Tomorrow, I'll be cooking the turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and green bean casserole.  It's not that much more than I normally cook.  I cooked all of that food last Thanksgiving, too.  My grandma is baking the desserts.  I'm doing everything else.  My mom will be in charge of setting the table and cleaning up around the house.  My two brothers will have to clean everything up after dinner while I sit down and watch the Dallas Cowboys hopefully win!  Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday because I love the food.  I seriously eat real sweet potatoes one day a year.  I wish it was more, but it takes a lot of time and effort to make.  It's totally worth it, though.  I'll be up in about eight hours to get the feast started!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment