Friday, November 16, 2012

So Glad it's Friday

No matter where I am on a Friday, I always hear the phrase, "I'm so glad it's Friday."  When I was at the grocery store working more often than I do now, I couldn't stand when customers said that to me.  There was no such thing as a Friday in the grocery store for me because the days I worked in a week were always different.  Someone said that phrase to me at work today and I just agreed with them to make them happy.  I don't know why people always say they are so happy it's Friday.  It makes me feel like they don't like their job.  If you don't like your job, get a different one.  I completely understand that that's nearly impossible to do these days.  However, I was talking to a teacher today and she said that her husband was a chiropractor making a ton of money and hated it.  He wanted to be a teacher.  He left his job, went to school, and became a teacher.  He made more money in one month as a chiropractor than he did in one year as a teacher.  However, he was happier as a teacher.  Good for him!  Back to my point about being happy it's Friday.  I completely understand that in a school, we are always busy and the days are exhausting.  The weekends off are awesome and well needed.  For me, I only get one day off a week because I work at the grocery store on Sunday's.  I do enjoy my Saturdays off, though.  I feel like as humans, it's just a natural thing for us to say that phrase on Fridays to start a conversation with someone.  Our minds are trained to do that.  On Facebook, I always see people put, TGIF (Thank God It's Friday).  Same thing.  I'm just not a big fan of the phrase at all.  We should learn to wake up each day and look forward to whatever the day might bring.  After all, you only live once (YOLO).  Therefore, you want to make each day count!

P. S. I got my first review on my first book today!  It as a 4 star review out of 5 and the person put some great positive comments.  Thank you to that person and I hope to get more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment