Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Seven Minute Rule

We have this rule at the grocery store.  That means that we are allowed to start our shift seven minutes before or after our assigned start time.  So if I start at 7:00, I can clock in between 6:53-7:07 and still be paid for starting at 7.  It is the most ridiculous rule in the world.  I can't tell you how many of my fellow associates come in to their shift seven minutes late and leave seven minutes early.  7:00 means 7:00, not 7:07.  I am never late to work.  I do not accept tardiness.  I normally clock in 2-3 minutes early.  If I am running the self-checkouts, I normally clock out late because the person that is supposed to come on for me clocks in late.  When I say late, I mean seven minutes past his or her start time.  He or she is not considered late by our store, though.  I get really annoyed when people try to take advantage of the system.  Show up to work on time.  It won't hurt you!

No comments:

Post a Comment