Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My First Author Visit!

A friend from high school invited me to come to her school and talk to the kids there about my books.  I was very happy to do so.  Today, I talked to a group of about 30 1st-4th graders about my books.  I talked about how I came up with the idea for the books, outlining it, writing, and how I edit them.  I talked about how long it took to write and edit the books and how much work really goes into it.  I also talked about finding a subject or genre you really enjoy to read and read a ton of books about that topic.  I read them a chapter from my first book.  They were so quiet and well-behaved the entire time.  They asked a lot of great questions.  I was honored to come to a school and talk about my books and would love to do it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment