Sunday, November 25, 2012

Weighing my Options

My two brothers are hopefully moving out within a month.  One of them asked me to move in with them.  I gave it absolutely zero thought and said no.  I've lived with them for over 20 years and have no desire to live another second with them.  However, it has motivated me to be more active in an apartment search.  I have a friend who lives in an apartment alone.  She said I could live in the other room.  I plan on going over this week and taking a look at the apartment and figuring out all the numerous utilities I would have to pay for each month.  Then, I have to sit down and look at how much I make each month and roughly how much an apartment would cost me each month.  Then I'd have to look at how much I want to save for other expenses.  I already have three vacations that I want to plan for next year, in addition to wanting a save a large amount of money for retirement.  If I don't think I'll be able to save for all of that while living in an apartment, then unfortunately I will continue to live at home until I can make more money.  Right now, I'm not too optimistic.  I won't know until I sit down with my friend and find out all of the details.  You never know!  We will see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment