Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Book Reviews

This is a test to see who actually reads my blogs and who reads my books.  I'm reading a book right now about how this author made $42,000 in one month off of the kindle version of her books.  She talked about promoting it for free and stuff like that.  I've done exactly the same things that she has done.  She also talks about getting people to rate and review your books.  I have 0 reviews on either book.  She said that she promoted her book for free and over 20,000 people bought one book and 20,000 another.  Obviously she must have built a following before hand.  I was thrilled to have over 200 people get my books for free when I promoted them.  She recommended that we keep our books on sale for free for 3 days and then another time for 2.  The program on Amazon allows us to have it on sale for free for 5 days within a 90 day period.  If you have books for sale for 3 days, it allows the book to hopefully climb up the best selling lists.  If it does that, then people will see it much more easily than if it isn't on the list.  I have three days left on each book.  I think I will promote them for free three days in a row.  I haven't decided the dates yet though.  With that said, I would love people to review my book, good or bad.  I know a few people that do read my blog.  I know that they have read at least one of my books.  I also know that the books are meant for kids and not people their age.  They only read them because they are awesome.  However, I would love if they would write a review on Amazon with their honest opinion.  That might spark some sales.  I don't want people to put, "I'm Shane's best friend and this book is awesome."  Although I know my book is awesome, (duh), if you put you are my friend, the review won't be reliable.  It will just be a friend trying to help me promote my book.  People looking for books don't like that.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I really do feel like I'm very close to a big breakthrough with my books.  As an author, promotion, time, and patience are three of the most important things to do and have to get anywhere with your books.

No comments:

Post a Comment