Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Best Friends

Many people talk about their best friends and people they just call friends.  I often say, "My best friend" when talking about one of my friends.  I have about 10-15 people that I would call my best friends.  I don't rank them in any order.  Obviously, we all like people for different reasons.  I have no reason to rank someone ahead of someone else just because I hang out with that person more than someone else. I have "best friends" that live in different states.  I see them as much as I can.  On Facebook, I have over 400 friends.  I know who every person is.  Do I talk to all of them?  Absolutely not.  I probably talk to maybe 30-40 of them if I am lucky.  Some of those people are my family.  In elementary school, I was ridiculously shy and had one person that I called my best friend.  I didn't have any other friends.  Now, I don't talk to that person too often, but he is still one of my friends.  I'm not one of those guys that need or want 100+ friends.  I love having my smaller group of very good friends.  I have no time or reason to rank them in order from highest to lowest because I don't have a rank.  Sometimes I say, "One of my good friends" instead of best friends.  It means the same thing.  It's important to have those people in your life that you can call life-long friends.  I made a ton of friendships in college that I never thought would end.  Some of them started senior year and ended 2nd semester for no apparent reason.  We stopped talking.  Some ended because they weren't really friendships.  Stuff happens.  I'm happy that I still have a group of people from high school that were my friends and still are today.  Know the people that you call your friends.  Talk to them as much as you can and hang out with them as much as possible.  They are in your life for a reason.  Enjoy all of the moments you spend together with them and cherish these friendships until the end of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment