Saturday, January 5, 2013

Snow Tubing!

I went snow tubing today for the first time since I was very young.  Snow tubing is when you go down a hill on a tube, similar to a tube you would find at a lazy river.  We went to a mountain where they also had skiing.  The lines were insanely long to begin with!  They have four tubing chutes that are 700 feet long with a 65 foot drop and two chutes that are 1000 feet long with a 100 foot vertical drop.  When we grabbed our tubes, as I said, the line was very long and not moving.  The larger chute area was closed because the lift wasn't working.  When we finally got to the lift area, you sit in your tube and a guy hooks it to a moving rope and it pulls you up to the top.  I went down ridiculously fast!  I was going backwards most of the time.  They ask you to drag your feet at the end so that you don't fly off the path.  As I got in line again, the larger chute was opening.  A lot of people went there.  I stayed in line for the smaller chute because the line was shorter.  Then I went on the larger one.  Once you get up the mountain for the 1000 foot chute, you had to walk a little ways to get to the slide area.  I looked down and was a little nervous.  After I went on it once, I was fine.  They kept asking if I wanted to spin while going down and I said sure.  I went so fast that I started to wrap around where the people from the shorter chute came off and almost knocked people down.  I ended up going on the 1000 foot chute 6 times and the 700 foot chute 4 times in two hours.  It wasn't too cold at all.  After I went three times, the lines died down significantly and that allowed me to go more often.  It was definitely a great way to spend my Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment