Friday, January 4, 2013

Jokes

Everyone loves a good laugh, right?  I love watching comedians.  Recently, I have been downloading books with jokes for my kindle.  I've also read a few books by comedians that are intended to be funny.  Yesterday and today, I read 101 Best Jokes, Jokes For Kids: 300+ Jokes, and The Little Booze Joke Book.  I still have to read 100 Jolly Jokes for all Occasions.  Let me tell you something.  I don't think I laughed or cracked a smile once while reading those books.  I continued to read them all because they were short and I hoped I would eventually laugh.  I read a book by Steve Martin a few months ago and it wasn't funny.  I pre ordered a book by one of my favorite comedians, Jim Gaffigan.  I will get that book in May.  I have noticed that books by comedians and books with jokes are not funny at all.  Comedy to me is only funny when I watch the person on TV or in person.  It's all about the way you tell the joke.  That's probably why reading it isn't as funny as hearing it.  Obviously I don't find all comedians funny.  I am worried that the Jim Gaffigan book won't be funny.  Oh well, I was just trying to get a laugh for free.  I wasted time reading those books.  At least I was reading and being productive, which is one of my resolutions

No comments:

Post a Comment