Sunday, January 6, 2013

Too Much Death

I was going to write about something different today.  That was until I found out about yet another death that happened today.  Sometimes, I cannot stand Facebook.  I have found out about so many deaths through Facebook.  Not that I ever want to find out about someone who dies, but I'd rather hear about it through phone, news, or even in person.  This month and last month have been absolutely devastating.  December 1st started off with the tragic death of two high school students in a car accident that also severely injured two others.  One student that is alive went to my high school and the two that died went to another local high school.  On Friday, December 14, we all know about the horrible, sickening deaths of students and teachers in Newtown, Connecticut.  On Wednesday, I found out that a fifth grade boy in my district died after a sudden illness.  I read an article that this boy was always helping his classmates that were in need.  He helped the special education students and kept other students active in gym.  His death was a complete shock to the entire district.  A day or two later, my grandpas cousin died.  The only good thing I can say about that is that she was 86 and lived a great life.  About two hours ago, I saw (on Facebook) that a 22 year old, that was best friends with my best friend from college, died in a car accident on his way back to college in Florida.  I knew this guy pretty well since he was best friends with my best friend.  The only good thing I can say about this death is that it was only him that died and no one else was involved in the accident.  Obviously there is nothing good that comes from death.  I cannot remember a time that I saw this kid without a smile on his face.  I never saw him angry.  He loved everyone and was always positive.  He went to Potsdam and I met him through my best friend.  We hit it off right away.  He was an avid sports fan like myself.  He had a tough time academically at Potsdam.  He went back to his home near Syracuse to think about what he wanted.  He then went to college in Florida with a major in mind and a goal.  He seemed to be doing very well.  Everything was going his way until this morning where his life came to an abrupt end.  Although I didn't know him as well as my best friend, I am as heartbroken as his closest relatives.  I can't believe how fast someone can lose their life.  Be careful out there and live each moment as if it were your last.  Unfortunately, you never know when it could be your last day on Earth. :( RIP to everyone that has died recently.  You are all in our thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment