Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Who Inspires you?

This post is "inspired" by the blog I read from a mom that lost her son in a car accident last month.  I mentioned that car accident three nights ago.  This mother started writing in a blog every night, just like I do.  Obviously she saw my blog and was inspired (just kidding).  She said that it's strange that she inspires people.  I would feel honored and a little awkward if someone told me that I inspired them too.  I honestly wouldn't know how to react.  I do what I do everyday because that's what I do.  If it happens to inspire someone, then wow!  That's an added bonus.  The person that inspires me the most is my principal.  I'm not saying that because I want a teaching job.  She doesn't read my blog so she doesn't know that she inspires me.  I come from an extremely hardworking family.  My mom is blissfully unemployed, but works very hard everyday to make sure everything is in order with the house, we have food, bills are paid, etc.  My dad owns a liquor store and works 60+ hours every week.  My principal is one of the hardest working people I know.  She is working at all hours of the day.  She reads emails at home, in the middle of the night, and probably at red lights.  In our district, our principals have a lot of meetings they have to go to.  Other than that, she is always at school walking around from room to room making sure everything is going well.  When she is in her office, her door is always open unless she is disciplining students or talking privately with a teacher.  If you need to talk to her, she will almost always stop what she is doing to talk to you.  She stops what she is doing and pays 100% attention to you.  She is the type of principal that would rather be working with the kids and the teachers learning new strategies and seeing how teachers teach their students rather than doing paperwork.  With the job, she has no choice but to do paperwork as well as everything else.  She does everything she can to please everyone.  After the horrible tragedy on December 14, she was as heartbroken as everyone else.  She made sure everything was as secure as possible in our school.  We were always on high alert, but are now on even higher alert.  I often see her in the cafeteria helping the janitors cleanup the floors and tables.  After the sixth grade play each night last year, she was folding chairs and cleaning up messes with the janitors.  She helps in every possible way.  She is by far the busiest person in our school yet always greets you in the hall with a smile.  Principals get paid a very nice salary.  Frankly, I don't think it's enough.  The hours that she puts into making sure everything is perfect in our school is astronomical.  I have worked with other principals.  Although I have no problems with the other ones, I still feel like mine is a cut above the rest.  My very first sub job was at this school in September 2009 and she greeted me and introduced herself right away.  She cares about everyone that walks through her school.  She knows all 450+ students' names and all of the parents.  She works to get the best out of all staff and every student.  She has so much confidence in me even though this is only my second full year working in her school.  She deserves nothing but the best.  I wish I could work with her the rest of my life.  I could not have asked for a better boss, mentor, and person to turn to.  I work harder everyday because she instills that work ethic into me.  I could probably write a book about how amazing this lady is.  For now, I am done.  My principal is one person that inspires me more than anyone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment