Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Cover is Finished!

A lot of hard work has been put into my book the past few days.  I typed and edited all of part 3.  There are 5 parts to this book.  Part 4 and 5 are both very short.  Part 3 makes up a large portion of my grocery store book.  I went back and forth with my illustrator over the past week.  Today, he put the finishing touches on my cover.  As always, he did an excellent job.  It looks like my goal of having this book published by April will be beaten.  Like I always do, after I finish writing the book, I will edit it at least two more times, if not more.  Then, when I have a student ask me if I have ever read my book, I can say yes again, haha.  I then have to come up with what I'm going to put on the back cover and format it for kindle.  I bought a book on Amazon that lists more publishers that aren't just children's book publishers.  I need to find a literary agent that will take me, too.  If I have an agent, I have a much better chance of being published.  Publishers are more likely to look at a book that an agent sends them rather than just the author sending it to them.  I will be sending query letters out to publishers  and agents that will hopefully find my book interesting.  I hoped to write more in my book tonight, but didn't.  I needed a lazy night.  I watched a movie and watched some Chopped.  Sometimes you just need that little break in the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment