Friday, January 18, 2013

Going to the Gym

It takes a lot of effort to go to the gym.  You have to drive there, get undressed, get into your gym clothes, workout and sweat, sometimes shower, then get dressed, and drive home.  I have a hard time getting motivated to drive there sometimes.  It's on my way home from work, so that's no excuse.  Once I motivate myself to go, I have no problem doing the workout.  If I only run on the treadmill that day, the miles I do depends on how I am feeling.  Today, I was hoping to do 4 or more miles.  I only did 3.5.  I started getting cramps in my stomach after two miles and that was about all I could do.  The gym was shockingly dead today.  It's January, so there should be a ton of people there for the next 2 months.  Everyone always joins a gym in January as part of their New Years' Resolutions and then they leave after a couple of months.  Gyms love January because that's probably when they make the most money.  I did go to the gym 3 times this week which is my goal this year.  I need to be active and workout at least 3 days a week.  I do love going to the gym because it does relieve stress.  I find myself motivated to do better on a stressful day.  Maybe I should have more stressful days so that I can burn more calories at the gym!  Hmm, never mind.  I don't need more stress in my life.  I know that as I get older, I will have to do less at the gym because my body won't be able to do as much as I do now, not that I do too much as it is now.  I can see myself trying to run the same speed on the treadmill when I am 50 as I do now.  That could cause serious problems!  You should all go get buff at a gym.  It will make you feel good afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment