Sunday, January 20, 2013

Excuses

I am not a fan of excuses.  I deal with students making excuses about why they didn't finish homework or can't do something all of the time.  I always get excuses from people saying they can't do this or that for whatever reason.  Unfortunately, I have to make excuses, too.  Today, I had a good excuse for not going out.  I was not feeling well at all.  I have had headaches on and off for a few days.  Luckily, I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow anyway for a physical.  I have a few friends that constantly make excuses for not playing in our monthly poker game even though they say they are going to or for not going out even after plans have been made and they committed to go out.  I can completely understand something coming up a few times.  However, when it happens on a regular basis, it's ridiculous.  If you make plans to do something, do it!  To me, the only legit excuses for you not showing up would be: being sick, family emergency, or death in the family.  I make plans with people because I want to see them, not because I enjoy these people canceling on me.  No, no one canceled on me today.  I've been wanting to write this post for awhile, but have come up with excuses not to write it.  I'm just kidding, I had other topics I wanted to write about first.

No comments:

Post a Comment