Sunday, January 27, 2013

One Word Makes a HUGE Difference

In this case, that one word literally did make a HUGE difference.  This is extremely embarrassing to admit yet hysterical.  I was extremely upset when this happened, yet laughed at it right away.  I was with three of my friends and they will never ever let me live this down.  I don't blame them either.  A couple of weeks ago, my friend told me about this burger his brother had.  To say it is huge is an understatement.  This thing is gargantuan.  Ever since he told me about this burger, I have wanted to eat it even though it is literally a day and a half worth of calories.  Last night, we were going to go bowling, but the bowling alley was packed and there were no lanes open.  Instead, we decided to go to the restaurant that has this burger.  I ordered it and told the server my friend and I would split it.  I was so set on what I wanted that I didn't even look at the menu.  We didn't even order fries because that was extra and we knew we would be plenty full.  I told the server that we didn't want cole slaw on it and she gave me a weird look.  I should have known something was wrong then.  Then again, she should have known something was up, too.  Why would I say no cole slaw on a burger that doesn't have cole slaw anyway?  When the food came, the server brings one empty plate and one plate with an extremely small burger on it cut in half.  She walked away quickly and I just stared at the burger.  I accidentally ordered the smokehouse burger instead of the smokestack burger.  Let me describe the differences in these two burgers.  The smoke house burger is a half-pound burger with BBQ'ed onions, bacon slices, cheddar cheese, and onion straws.  The smokestack burger is 3-half-pound burgers, 3 slices of cheese, topped with onion rings, onion straws, pulled pork, and cole slaw.  That's why I ordered it without cole slaw.  That stuff is gross.  Now you understand the problem I had here.  I was too in shock to say anything that I ate the burger in literally two minutes.  I didn't even think of returning it and asking for the smokestack burger because this server was slower than dirt and would not have come back to take my request for another 10 minutes if we were lucky.  Here we were, two big guys splitting a half-pound burger without any fries.  We looked like the biggest losers in the world (sorry to my friend that reads this, it was all my fault and you are not a loser!)  I left that restaurant extremely mad that I didn't get my huge burger and very hungry.  Whenever I order food at a restaurant, I almost always read the item off of the menu while ordering.  I didn't do that last night.  I most definitely have learned my lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment