Sunday, May 19, 2013

Adirondack Extreme Again

I went to Adirondack Extreme for the second time yesterday. Last year, there were five different courses. I wasn't able to finish the final course. I was about 5 obstacles away from finishing. My goal yesterday was to finish everything. This year, they added a new course. That course wasn't too difficult. It was fairly different than the other 5 courses. Last year, I did the Leap of Faith and then had to get someone to take me off because I couldn't climb up the net. The leap of faith is where you are on a rope, and fly over to a net. You then have to climb up the nets to a platform. I couldn't climb it last year. This year, I flew to the net and tried to grab it. When I grabbed the net, I lost my grip and ripped a nice chunk of skin of my left ring finger. I was somehow able to climb up the net onto the platform once I got hold of the nets. However, after that obstacle, there were more nets to climb across. I really wanted to finish, but didn't want to grab a net with exposed skin. I smartly called it quits. Maybe next time I will get half an obstacle farther than I did this time. I was only able to get half an obstacle father in my second trip than I did in my first trip. Oh well. There's always next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment