Monday, May 20, 2013

Cooking For One

Cooking for one is extremely hard to do, especially when I eat enough food for 3. Since my parents are away this week, that's the task. If/when I ever move out, I will have to learn to cook for one. Yesterday, I made a half pound of elbow macaroni for macaroni salad to eat tonight. This morning, I put 2 chicken breasts in the crock pot with some hot sauce. I had some pulled buffalo chicken sandwiches and mac salad for dinner. Yes, I had plenty of leftovers! That was the point. By doing that, I don't have to cook anything tomorrow, and possibly Wednesday. It also saves a lot of money by dragging meals out to two or three days. With a delicious meal like this, I probably won't be bored eating it three days in a row. The best part is that at 10:09PM, right now, I am still full from dinner and I didn't have dessert! Did I eat way too much dinner, of course. But at least I didn't add dessert to my already over-sized stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment