Friday, May 3, 2013

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda

It's another most wonderful time of the year. That's right, the Kentucky Derby is tomorrow! Today was the Kentucky Oaks. That's basically the female version of the Derby. I bet a $1 straight hi 5. That means I bet the horses that I thought would come in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th. The horses I bet needed to come in the exact order that I put them in. If I had boxed that bet, they could come in any order. However, it would have cost me $120 to box it. I was not spending $120 on a bet when there are 10 horses in the race. Well, I should have! If I did, I would have collected only $18,600! After every race, bettors are typically saying coulda, shoulda, woulda. Can you imagine what I could accomplish with $18,000? Of course it would be about 12 after taxes, but I'd be okay with that! Unfortunately, it's supposed to rain in Louisville tomorrow. That will greatly affect the bets I make and the outcome of the race. Either way, I'm still insanely excited for the race! I'm sure you're shocked by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment