Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Even Computer Aides Make Careless Mistakes

Today, I went to open a PowerPoint I made for the kindergarten play. I had 33 pictures on it, with its timings and transitions ready for the music that it would play along with. I could not find it. I'm 100% positive I made it and saved it. However, I saved it to my desktop. What else was on my desktop that day? The 33 pictures I was putting on the slide show. Where did all of those pictures end up? In my trash can. I empty the trash right away out of habit. Where was the PowerPoint? It was more than likely in the trash with the other pictures! Oops! I had to make that presentation all over again today. I added the pictures only so far. I will need to figure out the timings again. I always tell my students to save their work and pay attention to where they save it. I save my work every 5 seconds. This time, I didn't pay attention to where I put it and ended up throwing it out! I will be much more careful from now on. I was not a happy camper having to create the presentation for a second time because of my stupid mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment