Monday, May 6, 2013

Headaches/Meditation

I seem to be getting a lot of headaches at work lately. I think it's a combination of the kids acting up more than usual and me getting worked up over everything. I try really hard to take deep breaths and calm down. There's always so much on my mind that it's really hard for me to do. My blood pressure is already high. I think it's a combination of the job I'm in and the wonderful, um, diet I'm on. I randomly thought today about meditation. I've never done it before. I don't think it would work for me. In college, my swim coach would have us mediate once in awhile for a little while. I don't really count that as true meditation because it was really quick. I don't think I'd have the patience to sit there for a long time and think about nothing. There are always a million and a half thoughts running through my head at all times. I doubt I'd be able to think of nothing and relax for a long period of time. If someone taught me how to meditate, I'd be willing to give it a try. If I really put an effort into it, I think it would help me stay calm and eliminate the headaches I keep getting. Maybe this is something I should look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment