Monday, May 27, 2013

Favorite Drink

It's weird how your taste buds change as you get older. When I was a kid, I absolutely loved milk. I would pretty much drink nothing but milk. As I became a teen, I couldn't stand milk, but loved Kool Aid. I drank soda very seldom because we were only allowed to have it on "special occasions". I couldn't stand the taste of water, even though it has no taste. When I started swimming, I started drinking water a lot more, no, not the pool water. Now, I don't like regular milk, I only drink chocolate. I don't drink Kool Aid anymore. I drink a lot of water everyday. I'll drink Powerade too since my mom keeps buying lots of it. I'm a rare teacher who doesn't like coffee yet. I can be seen at work with my Nalgene bottle filled with water. I try not to drink soda too much anymore because I know it's not the best for you. I was told when I was younger that I should drink 8 ounces of water before every meal. That will help my stomach fill up more and cause me to eat less. Obviously the doctor didn't know me too well. That didn't stop me from eating a lot. Then again, I typically didn't drink the water before my meals. Oh well, now I drink water all of the time. Who knows what my favorite drink will be 20 years from  now.

No comments:

Post a Comment