Friday, May 10, 2013

Weak Stomach

Today at work, my worst nightmare happened. I was walking around in the computer lab like I always do. All of a sudden, I hear a noise that sounded like a kid very loudly clearing his throat. Then a student comes up and says, "(name) just threw up." It was a sixth grade class. I am very surprised I didn't hear screaming and eewws. After the event, it was very hard for the kids to focus. The other teacher brought the student to the nurse and I buzzed the office to get a janitor. His vomit hit some of the table, but luckily missed the computer and keyboard! He got it all over his books though. The principal came in with gloves on and a plastic garbage bag. She took his books and said to me, "You need to get a stronger stomach for this kind of thing." I tried to stay as far away as possible from the mess. If I see someone throw up, I am likely to do the same. No one in the class threw up after the boy did and neither did I. That's a big accomplishment for me. Later that day, the principal told me she was able to get everything off of his books, including the spiral notebook where it got in between the spirals. Lovely. I don't get fazed by seeing a little bit of blood, but when it comes to snot and vomit, I am completely grossed out! I'm definitely getting used to snot since kids sneeze all of the time. I don't ever want to get used to seeing vomit!

No comments:

Post a Comment