Saturday, May 4, 2013

Orb!

I've loved this horse pretty much since day one. I saw his first race at Saratoga. I wasn't at the track, but I watched on TV. I watch every single race at Saratoga because it's so close to home and I have an obsession with horse racing. I remember watching Orb stumble at the start. He flew at the end to finish 3rd. I remember telling my dad, "We need to remember this horse because he flew at the end after a horrible start." After watching Orb win the Florida Derby at the end of March, I was still impressed. After watching the other Kentucky Derby prep races, I still loved the way Orb looked. I was very nervous because of the sloppy track today. He proved that he could handle the wet surface as he flew by the horses at the end of the race. As you know from previous blog posts, I'm not your typical person who watches the Derby because it's a fun event to watch. I watch the races leading up to it and analyze every horse in the field. I love the game. I definitely did not have the horse who finished 2nd today. I didn't consider him at all. I had the 1st, 3rd, and 4th place finishers. Assuming Orb came out of the race okay, he will be the heavy favorite in the Preakness in 2 weeks. I really think this horse has what it takes to win the triple crown. We haven't seen a triple crown winner since 1978, 9 years before I was born. Will this be the year? Only one horse has the chance to do it. We will find out how Orb performs in the Preakness Stakes in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment