Saturday, October 12, 2013

5K Run

I did a 5K run again today like I did last year. The money raised goes towards a scholarship in the name of a community member who took his life a few years ago. This was the third year of the run. I didn't do it the first year for whatever reason. Last year, if you remember in the post "Epic Fail", I did the 5K run twice because I took a wrong turn. That almost happened again today. There is a spot where the path forks and there were no arrows. I was all alone. Luckily there was someone a little ways back who told me to take a left. I did that and made it back to the finish line. The person who was in first and would have won easily took the wrong turn. Many people complained this year about the lack of signs and people telling us which way to go. I'm expecting there to be better directions next year. I ended up getting 6th place out of 73 runners! My time was 23:55 or a pace of 7:42 a mile. My goal was 25 minutes so I beat it easily. My age group was males ages 20-29. I got 1st in my age group! That's strange because the overall winner was in my age group. Since he got a trophy for first place, they considered me the 1st place finisher in that age group. I consider me the 3rd place finisher in my group because the winner was in my age group and the guy who ran it twice and should have won was in my age group. Either way, I definitely exceeded my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment