Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Guest Speaker

I had a guest speaker come in to talk to my newspaper club students today. I had a worker from a local newspaper come. I was hoping he would talk about what goes in to writing a newspaper. He only covered that briefly. He talked about who the audience of a newspaper is. He also talked about how important it was for the kids to target that audience with the articles they choose to write. Another thing he did was he had the kids brainstorm general topics they could write about. That was an excellent thing for him to do. I can't tell you how many times I have kids come up to me and tell me they have no idea what to write about. Now I will point them towards this very large list of topics we created. Overall I thought the speaker was good and it was definitely a great opportunity for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment