Thursday, October 17, 2013

Promotion

I'm all of a sudden starting to crank up the promotion of my books once again. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine posted something on my Facebook wall that has renewed my motivation. There is a local author event at a local library this Saturday. My friend told me about it. If he hadn't, I would not have known. At the event, a NY times best selling author will be talking from 1-2. Local authors will be at tables selling their books from 2-4. I'll be there doing my best to sell books. I bought 20 book ones to sell. I figured that I shouldn't offer book 2 because who would want to buy it without reading book 1. I have a business card now. They can refer to that and purchase book 2 on Amazon if they like book 1. I have no idea what to expect. I would love to sell all 20 books but have zero expectations going into the event. I am offering book 1 for free for 2 days on kindle in the very near future. I haven't offered a book for free since February. My book sales have been very low the last 2 months. I'm hoping this free promotion will get the word out again and spark some interest. I'm hoping that the book event this Saturday will do the same. We will find out soon! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment