Wednesday, October 30, 2013

NaNoWriMo

For those of you who aren't writers, you're looking at the title and saying, "What the heck is that?" NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month. I have heard of it before. I didn't understand what it was until yesterday. November is National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write 50,000 words in November. I have written 11 chapters out of a planned 33 in my 3rd "The Teacher That" book. That is about 20,000 words so far. On that pace, my book should be roughly 60,000 words. That means if I do this, I'll have my book finished at the end of November. Then I need to edit, edit, edit, edit, and edit some more. I can never get motivated to write. Maybe this will be the kick in the butt I need. It's a competition with yourself to see if you can be motivated to write more often in the month. They have prizes available to those who submit 50,000 words. I'm not changing any plans I make with friends or other obligations to do this. I'm just going to focus more at night and on days off and write instead of watching TV and avoiding it. We will see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment