Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Idea

My job title is called Computer Aide.What that means is that I am in charge of the computer lab at my school. I have 30 laptops in my room and a laptop cart with 18 laptops that travel around the school when teachers need them for projects or essays. I help students when classes come in to do work. I fix any technology issues that occur in the school or my room. I help teachers set up projectors if they have issues with that. I don't really teach students how to do too much on the computers. I show them a little bit, but they don't get a grade in my class. I think that needs to change. I plan on setting up a "curriculum" for each grade. I will add things that I'd like to teach the kids how to use. I'll try to figure out what I think they should know how to do at each grade level. I will also ask teachers for help with ideas when they bring their kids to the lab. I know that my position will never be upgraded to a computer teacher. I know this isn't going to help me get any more money than I get now. I'm doing this because in the present time, kids need to know how to do more and more on the computer. They need to know how to use Microsoft Word. They need to know Internet safety. I am also doing this so that I feel more productive. I don't like just walking around the room making sure everything is going well. I want to be more involved. We will see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment