Thursday, October 3, 2013

Energy

My principal put it very well today. I am tired 24/7. I don't seem to have much energy most of the time. The music room is two doors down from my computer lab. The teacher had the kids playing on the bongos today. I left the room to go somewhere and I see my principal dancing to the music as she is walking to where she needs to be. The kids see her and laugh. She sees me and says, "The kids give me this energy. Whenever I'm in a bad mood, I walk into the kindergarten room and a huge smile comes on my face." I responded, "The kids give me my energy too." She couldn't have put it any better. Any adult that works with children is typically in the profession for one reason, the kids. I have a different energy when I work with kids. I don't know how to describe it. Fun, unpredictable, stressful, overwhelming, rewarding. I could go on and on. I realize two sentences ago wasn't actually a sentence. Forgive me. People continuous tell me I should work for the state since teaching is a tough job to get right now. My response is always the same. I want to teach because I absolutely love working with kids. I match the kids energy stride for stride and that's what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment